We have been awarded “best fence contractor of 2016” in the area by the city of Royal Oak.
5 Reasons to Hire Paramount Fence
There are many reasons to hire us for your fence installation or repair project in Westland. Here are a few top reasons why:
Our fence products are some of the best that you will find in Westland. We do not settle for lower quality material in order to have higher profits. this means that you can be certain you will get the best fence for your money.
Fence Ordinances in Westland Michigan
Below is a brief overview of the fence ordinances for Westland Michigan. This is not a complete or definite list and should never be used in support of a dispute. Click here to review the complete document of codes and ordinances regarding fences in Westland.
- A post hole inspection is required during construction. This means you must dig your post holes and have them inspected by the city inspector before setting your posts in cement.
- All fence posts must be set at least 36″ deep. This is also the depth that the city will check for during the post hole inspection.
- The maximum height for fences installed in a backyard is 6ft-6in tall.
- No fencing may be installed beyond the rear corners of your house (along the sides of the house) unless you have a side door giving access into your home/garage. In this case, you may install your fence beyond the side door to keep that door enclosed within the fenced in area. Exceptions to this include some corner lots.
- Ornamental aluminum fences (also called wrought iron) and privacy fences must have a gap at the bottom to allow proper ground maintenance of grass and weeds.
- Split rail fences are allowed in front yards if they do not have more than 2 horizontal rails.
- Barbed wire, razor ribbon and any fence with an electrical charge is not allowed on residential properties in the city of Westland.
- All fences must be properly maintained at all times or a fence repair may be enforced.
Fence Repairs in Westland, Mi.
If you are planning a fence repair in Westland Michigan, it is possible that you do not have to obtain a fence permit in order to do so. Your project will be considered a fence repair if you are only repairing a small portion of your fence and if you are not changing any of the features of the fence, such as the type, style, height, etc. If you plan to make any of those changes, your project is not considered a fence repair and you will be required to get a fence permit.
Fence Permit Requirements in Westland
The Westland Building Department has recently moved to a new location that is on Warren Road next to Westland Mall (The exact address and map can be found below). To obtain a fence permit in Westland, you simply need to apply by submitting all of the documents listed below and then waiting for the plan reviewer to approve –or deny– your fence permit. Once approved, you can stop in to pick up your permit and begin work on your new fence. Don’t forget to contact MissDig first to locate any underground utilities.
The fence permit cost in Westland will depend on the varying amount of the plan review fee that the city charges but will be no less than a total of $75.
Click Here to visit the official website for the city of Westland
Use this link to download the fence permit application. This can be used by homeowners, fence companies and contractors alike. Fill out the application with details regarding your property and proposed fence. Once completely filled out and signed, turn it in to the building department.
A detailed drawing/layout of the proposed fence must accompany your fence permit application. This proposed layout/drawing will need to include any buildings/structures on the property, any existing fences, walls, etc., and measurements of the proposed fence.
If you have a neighboring property that shares a property line where you will be installing your fence, you must have that neighbor fill out this form and submit it with your permit application. Each sharing neighbor must fill out a form.
Building Department Information
The Westland building department is where you will find information that you need in regards to having your new fence installed. Details regarding permits, ordinances, and property information can be obtained here.
Request a Free Quote Below
You can easily request a free quote from Paramount Fence by filling out the form below. Please be as detailed as possible about your project/needs.