We have been awarded “best fence contractor of 2016” in the area by the city of Royal Oak.
5 Reasons to Hire Paramount Fence
There are many reasons to hire us for your fence installation or repair project in Taylor. Here are a few top reasons why:
Our fence products are some of the best that you will find in Taylor. We do not settle for lower quality material in order to have higher profits. this means that you can be certain you will get the best fence for your money.
Fence Ordinances in Taylor Michigan
Below is a brief overview of the fence ordinances for Taylor Michigan. This is not a complete or definite list and should never be used in support of a dispute. Click here to review the complete document of codes and ordinances regarding fences in Taylor.
- The finished/good side of all fences must face the adjacent property, unless the adjacent property owner signs a document agreeing otherwise (this document must be submitted to the city).
- Fences in a back or side yard may be a maximum height of 6′ tall
- Fences may be installed up to, but not beyond, the front face/corner of the house.
- Fences shall not be installed in such a way as to obstruct the vision of motorists exiting driveways.
- On corner lots, a fence is permitted within a front yard ‘of a side street’ only if the dwelling on the adjacent lot does not face (front) towards the same side street.
- Decorative fences no taller than 3-1/2′ tall may be installed in front yards, but not take up more than 50% of the front yard.
- On all lots, no fence over 3-1/2′ tall may be installed within 10′ from the intersection of the driveway and street-right-of-way. On corner lots, all corner clearance ordinances must be met.
Fence Repairs in Taylor, Mi.
If you are just doing a fence repair in Taylor Michigan, you do not have to get a fence permit. Keep in mind that if you will be changing the location, type, style, color, etc. of your existing fence, then it is not considered a fence repair and will require a permit.
Fence Permit Requirements in Taylor
To apply for a fence permit in the city of Taylor you will need to bring all of the permit documents (listed below) to the city building department and submit them for review/approval with the inspector. Once the inspector is completed with reviewing your documents, they will inform you that your permit was approved (or denied). You can then pick up the permit paperwork and begin your project.
The permit fee in the city of Taylor is $75
Click Here to visit the official website for Taylor Michigan.
Use this link to download the fence permit application. This can be used by homeowners, fence companies and contractors alike. Fill out the application with details regarding your property and proposed fence. Once completely filled out and signed, turn it in to the building department.
A copy of a detailed drawing/layout of the proposed fence must accompany your fence permit application. This proposed layout/drawing will need to include any buildings/structures on the property, any existing fences, walls, etc., and measurements of the proposed fence.
Building Department Information
The Taylor building department is where you will find information that you need in regards to having your new fence installed. Details regarding permits, ordinances, and property information can be obtained here.
Request a Free Quote Below
You can easily request a free quote from Paramount Fence by filling out the form below. Please be as detailed as possible about your project/needs.